Kmaiti

  • Subscribe to our RSS feed.
  • Twitter
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • Facebook
  • Digg

Sunday, 12 May 2013

NDMP communication failure error

Posted on 10:15 by Unknown
Guys,

Issue :

Netbackup server sends alert NDMP communication failure once everyday. But there is no issue to run scheduled backup jobs.

Environment : Netbackup server is RHEL 6.2 which also works as Media server, Netbackup 7.1 is running on it. NDMP host is  Netapp filer 2240. Backup is being taken on HP MSL 4049 tape.

Troubleshooting steps followed :

Everyday I receive a NDMP communication error alert messages once. I don't know why. I tried to troubleshoot but no luck. Even Symantec doesn't have any answer apart from what they have in their KB. They said, pw authentication might have wrong but for our setup it is correct. This is already verified multiple times. Enabled all logging even. Network communication is also fine. Following error I could see in bptm log file :

avrd[15164]: ndmp_public_session_create() failed: Unexpected NDMP message - not a connected message
tldd[24890]: TLD(0) ndmp_public_session_create_wCred failed with error code -1005


I don't see any suspicious messages on filer.

Solution : I don't still find out. Please share if you anyone knows.

FYI: I observed that tape drives periodically go off line. Hence, I had to up them. I have deployed a work around script which all check if drive is down or not. It'll up if it is down.

Check on netbackup server : tpconfig -l    or vmoprcmd -d
up it :  vmoprcmd    


Email ThisBlogThis!Share to XShare to FacebookShare to Pinterest
Posted in | No comments
Older Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Popular Posts

  • [a fatal error or timeout occurred while processing this directive] + cpanel
    Guys, Just check the cpanel log file and you'll get the clue from there. I got following messages : execute : tail -f /usr/local/cpanel/...
  • How to access the webalizer from the outside of the cpanel?
    Guys, I don't want to post this type of article since you'll get it from the Google. But still I did. I followed following steps : E...
  • WHM + http showing failed ?
    Guys, Please check the log of the apache server like : 1. tail -f /usr/local/apache/logs/error_log 2. check the http port in /usr/local/apac...
  • How to enable php in apache on RHEL ?
    1. In order to enable php engine in apache, you should make sure php is installed in the system first. Then refer following steps : locate l...
  • How to verify UDP packet communication between two linux system?
    Guys, Today, I had to check UDP packet communication between linux and a windows system. Main purpose of the windows system was to capturing...
  • Addition, multiplication etc in bash script?
    ======== #!/bin/bash x=5 # initialize x to 5 y=3 # initialize y to 3 add=$(($x + $y)) # add the values of x and y and assign it to va...
  • How do I determine if my x86-compatible Intel system is multi-processor, multi-core or supports hyperthreading?
    Guys, We need to know about multi-processor, multi-core or supports hyperthreading. Here are the details : Physical ID (Physical processor o...
  • How to configure tata photon + on linux machine + rdehat
    Guys, Please read the article before proceeding to configure the USB modem. ============== [root@kmaiti ~]# wvdial --> WvDial: Internet d...
  • How linux calls happens while it starts ?
    We start the Linux kernel first from C code executed from ''startup_32:'' asm label: |startup_32: |start_kernel |lo...
  • How to store sftp log messages in custom file on RHEL 6?
    How to setup chrooted sftp account on RHEL 6? $groupadd sftponly $$useradd user123 $usermod -d /myhome -g sftponly -s /bin/false user123 $mk...

Categories

  • ACL
  • ESX
  • Linux
  • Storage
  • UCS

Blog Archive

  • ▼  2013 (5)
    • ▼  May (1)
      • NDMP communication failure error
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  February (1)
  • ►  2012 (10)
    • ►  July (1)
    • ►  June (1)
    • ►  April (1)
    • ►  March (3)
    • ►  February (3)
    • ►  January (1)
  • ►  2011 (86)
    • ►  December (3)
    • ►  November (2)
    • ►  September (19)
    • ►  August (9)
    • ►  July (5)
    • ►  June (9)
    • ►  May (12)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  March (4)
    • ►  February (5)
    • ►  January (15)
  • ►  2010 (152)
    • ►  December (9)
    • ►  November (34)
    • ►  October (20)
    • ►  September (14)
    • ►  August (24)
    • ►  July (19)
    • ►  June (3)
    • ►  May (25)
    • ►  April (3)
    • ►  January (1)
Powered by Blogger.